-when and how often performed
-quantity and quality of performance
-conditions under which performed
-where best learned
distinguish between “can’t do” and “won’t do”
Step 2: Designing the Training Program
•Represent the desired outcomes of a training program
•Should ensure that the assessed needs will be served.
Trainee Readiness and Motivation
Strategies for Creating a Motivated Training Environment:
1. Use positive reinforcement.
2. Eliminate threats and punishment.
3. Be ﬂexible.
4. Have participants set personal goals.
5. Design interesting instruction.
6. Break down physical and psychological obstacles to learning.
Characteristics of trainers
•Knowledge of subject
•Sense of humour
Step 3: Implementing the Training Program
-Training Methods for Non-managerial Employees
-Methods for Management Development