Reading Quiz 8 Meiosis and Genetics.docx

7 Pages

Department
Biology
Course Code
BIOL 1000
Professor
all

This preview shows pages 1 and half of page 2. Sign up to view the full 7 pages of the document.
Description
Reading Quiz 8: Meiosis/Genetics This quiz is on the material in Ch. 10 (10.1,10.3 only),11, 12 (12.2 only). You will only be allowed to attempt the quiz once, but you have 1 hour (60 minutes) to complete the 10 questions. Please note: you will only receive your score once the quiz is closed to everyone. Instructions o Click Save without submitting after answering each question; o Click Submit all and finish when finished with the quiz; o The timer runs overtop of the questions, so open a big enough window in order to clearly view the questions. o Leaving the quiz does not stop the timer! o Make sure that your browser is set to the recommended browser settings. For more information on browser settings, sehttp://moodle.yorku.ca/students/ o If possible, use a cable connection, rather than wireless to reduce the likelihood of interruption while answering a question. Started on Sunday, 25 November 2012, 03:35 PM Completed on Sunday, 25 November 2012, 04:26 PM Time taken 51 mins 22 secs Marks 8.00/10.00 Grade 80.00 out of a maximum of 100.00 o Question 1 o Correct o Mark 1.00 out of 1.00 0 qaid=1167423&qu 0 o Flag question o Question text 3 o o Homologous chromosomes undergo recombination during o Select one: o a. metaphase I. o b. both metaphase I and metaphase II. o c. prophase II. o d. metaphase II. o e. prophase I. o f. both prophase I and prophase II. o Feedback o The correct answer is: prophase I. o Question 2 o Correct o Mark 1.00 out of 1.00 0 qaid=1167426&qu0 o Flag question o Question text o 3 o In peas, height is determined by a single gene. The T allele produces tall plants and the t allele produces dwarf plants. If you cross TtXTt, what are the resulting genotypes and their ratios in the offspring? o Select one: o a. Tall:dwarf 3:1 o b. TT:Tt:tt 1:2:1 o c. All of the offspring are Tall o d. TT:Tt:tt 9:3:1 o Feedback o The correct answer is: o TT:Tt:tt 1:2:1 o Question 3 o Correct o Mark 1.00 out of 1.00 0 qaid=1167427&qu0 o Flag question o Question text 3 o o A homologous chromosome pair is best described as two chromosomes having o Select one: o a. whichever chromosomes randomly end up paired in meiosis, which may each contain the same genes or different genes. o b. the same alleles of the same genes in the same order. o c. the same genes in the same order but which may have different alleles. o d. different alleles of the same genes arranged in a different order. o Feedback o The correct answer is: the same genes in the same order but which may have different alleles. o Question 4 o Correct o Mark 1.00 out of 1.00 0 qaid=1167424&qu0 o Flag question o Question text o 3 o Paired homologous chromosomes line up in the middle of the cell during o Select one: o a. both metaphase I and metaphase II. o b. metaphase I. o c. metaphase II. o d. both prophase I and prophase II. o e. prophase II. o f. prophase I. o Feedback o
More Less
Unlock Document

Only pages 1 and half of page 2 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit