Biology
Course
BIOL 4510
Professor
All Professors
Semester
Fall

Description
3. Use a pressure-volume diagram below to illustrate the effects of increased inotropy. What effects does the increased inotropy have on end-systolic volume? Assuming that the end-diastolic volume is fixed, what effect will increased inotropy have on the stroke volume? (5 marks) 6. a) What region of the sarcomere are associated with t-tubule invagination in heart and skeletal muscle? (2 marks) b) Briefly speculate on a possible reason for having the t-tubule invaginations occuring at these locations (2 marks). 10 a) What is the function of gap junction channels (2 marks)? b) Roughly draw the structure of gap junction channels (2 marks)? 13. List three possible effects of beta-subunit channel proteins on ion channels (3 marks). 1 of 8 pages 18. The membrane potential is +70 mV and the reversal (Nernst) potential for Na ions across the membrane is +40 mV. + a) What direction will Na flow across the membrane (i.e. what is the directioNaof I )? (1 mark). b) Will
More Less

Related notes for BIOL 4510

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit