HUMA 2830 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: First Epistle To The Thessalonians, Community Rule, Epistle To The Philippians

35 views2 pages

Document Summary

Read and understand his letters; draw out info to show that he"s a judean, that he"s. Works of law, working to support oneself. His argument against circumcision (using judean scriptures, well trained in. Other philosophers views on topics that paul spoke about (i. e. slavery, supporting oneself, etc) 1 thessalonians; wanted to get the people to worship just the judean god. Paul"s world view: his apocalyptic world view, which is a judean world view (look at dead sea scroll about community rule) His rhetoric (he"s clearly trained in it); the 3 kinds of rhetoric (deliberative in 1. Corinthians, demonstrative in 1 thessalonians, & judicial in galatians) ; how he applied his rhetoric to each community in his letters (ex. deliberative rhetoric to 1. Quotes (only used if it was a quote we couldn"t not know if we"ve read the readings) For me circumcision or no circumcision is of no signi cance to me .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers