AP/ITEC1000 Section B "Introduction to
Due: Monday, October 7, 2013, by 6:30 pm. Assignments should be submitted
to the assignment drop box # 13 (TEL BLDG., third floor) before or on due
York University's policies on academic honesty and plagiarism always
remain in effect.
The total number of points for this assignment is 140. This Assignment is worth
five percent (5%) of your total grade. Please type in your answers in the
Answer Form provided. 50% mark deduction for not using the Answer
Append your worksheets (showing your solutions) to your Answer Form. 50%
mark deduction for not appending your worksheets.
Textbook Reading: Chapters 1, 2 (2.1), 3, and 4; Lecture notes: 1-3.
1) Convert these numbers to binary: (5 points, each)
2) Convert these numbers to decimal: (5 points, each)
3) Convert these numbers to binary: (5 points, each)
4) Convert these numbers to hexadecimal: (5 points, each)
5) Convert these numbers to octal: (5 points, each)
6) Convert these numbers between Octal and Hexadecimal, as indicated: (5 points, each) 7) Determine if there is something wrong in these numbers; explain your
answer? (3 points)
b) 774.32 8
c) 2F.H5 16
8) Which of the following is the photographic st(1 point)
9) Scan codes are generated (1 point)
a) Optical character recognition (OCR)
b) Bar code readers