Italian
Course
IT 1000
Professor
Carla Montalto
Semester
Winter

Description
1 ITALIAN EXAM I nomi Nouns taken from english are always masculin Abbreviated nouns retain the gender of the words from which they are derived. o foto f. (from fotografia) o cinema m. (from cinematografo) o moto f. (from motocicletta) o auto f. (from automobile) o bici f. (from bicicletta) Nous ending in zione and ione are feminin Nouns ending in ore are always masculin Singular Plural Masculin O I Feminin A E Masculin or Feminin E I Some nouns need to add an extra h when transfered in the plural form o ca che Amica amiche o ga ghe Targa targhe o go ghi Albergo alberghi Nouns ending in an accent vowel or a constonate or an abbreviation of a noun DO NOT change in the plural form o Un caf due caf o Un film due film o Una citt die citt Masculin nouns ending in -io have 2 possible endings depending on where the stress is o When the stress is in the middle or beginning of the noun, the io just has one i in the plural Vecchio vecchi Grigio grigi Negozio negozi Ufficio uffici o When the stress is near the end of the noun the -io turn into -ii in the plural o Zio zii o Natio natii Feminin nouns ending in ia have 2 possible endings depending on if its stressed o ia turns into ie when stressed in the plural 2 Vecchia vecchie Bugia bugie Scia scie o ia turns into e and drops the i when it is unstressed and when it follows a c, g or sc Mancia mance Grigia grige Coscia cosce Articolo indeterminativo Maschile Femminile Un treno Una farmacia Un aeroplano Un amica Uno zio Una zia Uno stadio Una scuola Un used with any masculin noun that starts with a constonate or vowel Uno used with any masculin nous that starts with a z or s + constonate Un used with all feminin nouns that start with a vowel Una used with all feminin nouns that start with constonate Using Buono Maschile Famminile Un buon treno Una buona farmacia Un buon aeroplano Una buon amica Un buono zio Una buona zia Un buono stadio Una buona scuola Buon used with any masculin noun that starts with a constonate or vowel Buono used with any masculin nous that starts with a z or s + constonate Buon used with all feminin nouns that start with a vowel Buona used with all feminin nouns that start with constonate Articolo determinativo Maschile Femminile Singolare Plurale Singolare Plurale Il I La Le Lo Gli L Le L Gli Il used with any masculin noun that starts with a constonate Lo used with any masculin nous that starts with a z or s + constonate L used with maculin nouns beginning with a vowel L Used with feminin nouns that start with a vowel La used with all feminin nouns that start with constonate NO ARTICLE: infront of cities, towns and small islands. Using Bello Maschile Femminile Singolare Plurale Singolare Plurale Bel Bei Bella Belle 3 Bello Begli Bell Belle Bell Begli Bel used with any masculin noun that starts with a constonate Bello used with any masculin nous that starts with a z or s + constonate Bell used with maculin nouns beginning with a vowel Bell Used with feminin nouns that start with a vowel Bella used with all feminin nouns that start with constonate Quello vs Questo Quello means that one Questo means this one Using (Quello) when it goes before a noun Maschile Femminile Singolare Plurale Singolare Plurale Quel Quei Quella Quelle Quello Quegli Quell Quelle Quell Quegli Quel used with any masculin noun that starts with a constonate Quello used with any masculin nous that starts with a z or s + constonate Quell used with maculin nouns beginning with a vowel Quell Used with feminin nouns that start with a vowel Qella used with all feminin nouns that start with constonate Using (-Questo) when it goes before a noun Maschile Femminile Singolare Plurale Singolare Plurale Questo Questi Questa Queste Quest Questi Quest Queste Questo ALL masculin nouns EXCEPT those that begin with a vowel Questa All feminin nouns EXCEPT those that begin with a vowel Quest All masculin and feminin noun that starts with a vowel NOW THE CONFUSING PART WITH QUESTO AND QUELLO Demonstrative Pronouns Using questo or quello when it REPLACES a noun Questo and quello can also be used alone. Then they have a pronoun function. Questo Quello ("This one") ("That one") Singular Plural Singular Plural Maculin Questo Questi Quello Quelli 4 Feminin Questa Queste Quella Quelle When used as a pronoun, questo or quello agrees with the noun it replaces. o Prendo queste scarpe, non quelle. (replacing scarpe) o Preferisci questa camicia, non quella. (replacing camicia) Verb conjugations Verbi che finire con (-ARE) -Are Parlare Io -o Parlo Tu -i Parli Liu/ Lei -a Parla Noi -iamo Parliamo Voi -ate Parlate Loro -ano Parlano NOTE: When verbs end in (iare) you drop the i for the tu and noi form Cominciare Magiare Io Comincio Magio Tu Cominci Mangi (not comincii) (not mangii) Liu/ Lei Comincia Mangia Noi Cominciamo Mangiamo (not cominciiamo) (Not mangiiamo) Voi Cominciate Mangiate Loro Cominciano Mangiano NOTE: When verbs end in (-care) or (-gare) you add an h after the c or g, ONLY FOR THE TU AND NOI FORM Carcare Spiegare Io Cerco Spiego Tu Cerchi Spieghi Liu/ Lei Cerca Spega Noi Cerchiamo Speghiamo Voi Cercate Spegate Loro Cercano Spegano Verbi che finire con (-IRE) -Ire -ire Io -o -isco Tu -i -isci Liu/ Lei -e -isce Noi -iamo -iamo Voi -ite -ite Loro -ono -iscono Some verbs which take the isc form are : o Capire (to understand) o Applaudire (to applaud) o Preferire (to prefer) o Pulire (to clean)
More Less

Related notes for IT 1000

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit