Chapter 9.doc

2 Pages

Department
Italian
Course Code
IT 2000
Professor
Kevin Reynolds

This preview shows 80% of the first page. Sign up to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Description
9.1 Imperfect subjunctive (congiuntivo imperfetto) -A verb in the independant clause is in the past test or conditional + subjunctive + an action in the dependant clause that occured at the same time or after the independant clause. + Endings -ssimo Are--> A- -ssi -ste Ere--> E- -ssi -ssero Ire--> I- -sse Irregulars - Porre--> ponere--> pone- -Dare --> dessi, dessi, desse, dessimo, deste, dessero -Condurre-->conducere--> conduce- -Stare--> stessi, stessi, stesse, stessimo, steste, -Tradurre--> traducere--> traduce- stessero -Trarre--> traere--> trae- -Essere--> fossi, fossi, fosse, fossimo, foste, fossero (-RRE) VERBS Examples - speravo che trasmettessero la conferenza stampa in diretta (I hoped that they would broadcast the press conference live) - Loro pensarono che la vignetta fosse offensiva (They thought the cartoon was offensive) - Vorremmo che il giornale pubblicasse quell'intervista (we would like the newspaper to publish that interview) - Sarebbe bello se l'intervista durasse piu di cinque minuti (It would be nice if the interview lasted more then 5 minutes) - Non credevo che filmaste la prima puntato oggi (I did not think that you were filming the first episode today) - Speravamo che il nuovo film uscisse entro febbraio (we hoped that the new film would come out by febuary) - Ci piacerebbe che quel canale mettesse in onda meno cartoni animati (W
More Less
Unlock Document

Only 80% of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit