MTExampleBC11.doc

7 Pages

Department
Information Technology
Course Code
ITEC 1010
Professor
all

This preview shows pages 1-2. Sign up to view the full 7 pages of the document.
Part I: [40] Each Question is worth 2 point
1. ________ are raw facts that are not organized to convey any specific meaning.
a. Data
b. Input
c. Knowledge
d. Information
2. In CBIS, _____ is a set of policies, methods and rules for using CBIS.
a. Hardware
b. Software
c. Procedures
d. Networks
3. An information system consists of: 1) input; 2) processing; 3) output; 4) feedback
a. 1) and 3)
b. 2) and 3)
c. 1), 2), and 3)
d. 1), 2), 3), and 4)
4. The list of the names of the students in alphabetic order who received marks higher than
80 is the example of:
a. Data
b. Information
c. Input
d. Knowledge
5. In an organizational database social insurance number of an employee is considered as
a. Alphanumeric data
b. Numeric data
c. Image data
d. Audio data
6. Machine cycle consists of the following steps: 1) search; 2) fetch; 3) decode; 4) execute;
5) transfer; 6) store.
a. 1), 2), 3), and 4)
b. 2), 3), 4), and 5)
c. 2), 3), 4), and 6)
d. 1), 2), 3), 4), and 5)
7. Data stored in secondary storage is retrieved based on 1) sequential data access method;
2) direct data access method; 3) indexed-sequential data access method.
a. 2)
b. 1) and 2)
c. 1), 2), and 3)
d. 2) and 3)
8. A computer platform is a particular configuration of 1) RAM; 2) OS; 3) hardware
configuration; 4) application software
a. 1), 2), and 4)
b. 1) and 2)
c. 2), 3), and 4)
d. 2) and 3)
9. The form of process management when different parts of the program are executed at the
same time is called_____.
a. Multiprocessing
b. Multitasking
c. Multithreading
d. Time-sharing
10. Open systems concept refers to a compatibility of information systems on 1) hardware
level; 2) software level; 3) conceptual level
a. 1)
b. 2)
c. 1) and 2)
d. 1), 2) and 3)
11. Procedural programming languages are characterized by: 1) each statement is converted
into a sequence of basic CPU instructions; 2) describe the way how to obtain output; 3)
do not require translators
a. 1), 2), and 3)
b. 1) and 2)
c. 2) and 3)
d. 1) and 3)
12. In relational database model the degree of a relationship set is defined by the number of:
a. Records in one relation;
b. Number of attributes belonging to an entity class;
c. Number of common attributes of participating entity classes;
d. Number of participating entity classes.
13. A DBMS is considered as:
a. Proprietary application software;
b. System control software;
c. System support software;
d. Off-the-shelf application software;
14. In object data model objects are categorized into _____

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
Part I 40 Each Question is worth 2 point 1 are raw facts that are not organized to convey any specific meaningaDatabInputcKnowledgedInformation2In CBISis a set of policies methods and rules for using CBIS aHardwarebSoftwarecProceduresdNetworks3An information system consists of 1 input 2 processing 3 output 4 feedbacka1 and 3b2 and 3c1 2 and 3d1 2 3 and 44The list of the names of the students in alphabetic order who received marks higher than 80 is the example ofaDatabInformationcInputdKnowledge5In an organizational database social insurance number of an employee is considered asaAlphanumeric databNumeric datacImage datadAudio data6Machine cycle consists of the following steps 1 search 2 fetch 3 decode 4 execute 5 transfer 6 storea1 2 3 and 4b2 3 4 and 5c2 3 4 and 6d1 2 3 4 and 57Data stored in secondary storage is retrieved based on 1 sequential data access method 2 direct data access method 3 indexedsequential data access methoda2b1 and 2
More Less
Unlock Document

Only pages 1-2 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit