KINE 1020 Study Guide - Final Guide: Shoppers Drug Mart, Vo2 Max, Pulmonary Vein
192 views3 pages
1. How does oxygen get transported?
Bound to hemoglobin
2. Which are all components of the conductive zone?
Nose, larynx, trachea, bronchioles
3. During normal inhalation what occurs?
External intercostal contract and the diaphragm does down, no muscle contract during
4. The blood leaving the pulmonary vein enters what structure?
5. How does the oxygen unattach?
Process of diffusion
6. Transit time is the amount of time:
Available for diffusion
7. A doubling in Q will have what effect on VO2?
Doubling of VO2
8. During maximal exercise who will have the higher CaO2?
9. What increases in which factors are most likely to result in an increase in VO2 max?
HR, more muscle, CvO2, number of capillaries… None of the above
10. What limits maximal exercise?
Stroke volume and blood volume
11. When the LDL enter in the smooth muscle, the _____ oxidize it and become _____.
White blood cells, foam cells
12. The most common ECG abnormality during exercise is
13. What effect would carbohydrate loading have on your RER?
14. All of these graphs can be used to find Tvent EXCEPT?
Ve versus VCO2
15. What is the individuals Tvent? (graph- Ve vs VO2, l/min)
16. The procedure where a balloon is used to open blocked blood vessels: