KINE 4520 Final: May 30 Final Lecture Athlete development 3 hour lecture. Athlete development, mental toughness.

85 views8 pages

Document Summary

The strongest part of my game is how i approach it mentally - lebron james. Criteria for study: won at least two gold medals. Findings: all went through 4 phases: sampling, specialization, investment, maintenance. Following below does not guarantee but increases likelihood (this is what previous olympians have done). Sampling: ages 5-12 - played numerous sports for pleasure and to socialize, focus on experiencing fun and excitement . Specialization: ages 13-15, athlete specializes in 1 or 2 sports. Investment: ages 16+, athlete generally focused on the sport in which they became. Intense practice and the deliberate development of skills . Maintenance: once athlete won a gold medal, they continued to train and compete in order to maintain and improve their performance. Coaches - motivating, demanding, very knowledgeable at this age. Begins with a dream (as a child - i want to be on women"s" olympic hockey team . Child initiated it and parents and others nurture it.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers