Modes Of Reasoning
Course
MODR 1760
Professor
Philip Mac Ewen
Semester
Winter

Description
Identify Arguments1 Mary lied when she said she attended the conferenceNo 2 Mary lied because she claimed too have attended conference although she didntYesSimple Opinion beliefs wno reason Reasoned Opinion gives reason Evidential Claims proven facts1 Abortion is wrongSimple opinion 2 Abortion is wrongC because it ends human life PReasoned opinion 3 American Idol is best tv show it appeals to large audiencegives audience entertainmentReasoned 4 Broccoli is good for you high in calcium and fibreEvidential Constitutive Rules of Argumentation 1 I dont care what you think I know what I believe and not changing my mindArgument 2 Your objectives havent undermined my argument PIm not agreeing with you CListening 3 Thats a feminist argument P I dont agree with feminist on anythingRespectFunction of Language1 Im elated that Canadian hockey team won the goldEmotion 2 That is a job well doneEvaluate 3 WowEmotion Role of Context 1 Meet me at the bankmeet by the river bank or building by bank 2 Children have access to childcarenot clear to what is being promise 3 Liberals are freespending and irresponsibleliberal spending habits Hypostatization making something out of concept 1 Poverty is stalking our nations childrenpoverty is a single entity 2 Male gender believes women are lower and dominate themmale gender not person all men single entity 3Nation demands every citizen rally behind war effortnation entity of making choices Metaphors 2 dissimilar things are compared 1 There a hole in theoryfacts cannot leak out of hole but theo
More Less

Related notes for MODR 1760

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit