NATS 1505 Study Guide - Final Guide: Prefrontal Cortex, Extraversion And Introversion, Cyberbullying

67 views3 pages

Document Summary

Support your argument using any class materials: as a psychology student, the most fascinating and important thing i learned in our class is the effects of internet usage on our brain and on our behaviour. I have always been fascinated by brain activity and human behaviour, and a prominent part of most people"s daily lives is the internet. Whether it is talking on the phone, using social media, or even using the online world for research, i never knew how much of an impact it had in shaping behaviour and brain activity. Nicholas carr"s research on how the internet is reshaping our brains. The fact that reading articles online activates our prefrontal cortex, an area that is associated with planning complex cognitive behavior, personality expression, decision making, and moderating social behaviour is compelling. His study suggests that internet usage decreases our ability to deep process information and remember it.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers