Natural Science Practice Test ( / 192) Johannah Sukhu
Lec1 ( /15)
1. What do humans begin as? What are our building blocks?
2. What is evolution and who is the ‘father’ of it?
3. What are the changes over time from an 18 century horse to a 20 century one?
What impacts the changes?
4. What did Darwin find?
5. Who is Gregor Mendal?
6. What are humans? Name the different kingdoms.
7. What is taxonomy?
8. Define Human Evolution.
9. Correctly state the order of the classes.
10. What are the 2 misconceptions about humans and apes?
11. Who do human roots trace back to? How long ago?
12. Describe and give an example of the genetic split.
13. Define speciation.
14. What are the criteria for Natural selection?
15. What are the modes of speciation, give an example for each.
Lec 2 ( /11)
1. What is the problem with Evolution?
2. What does theory mean?
3. What are the lines of evidence? Describe them.
4. What are vestigial organs? Give an example.
5. Are humans dependent? If so, on what/whom?
6. Define Ecology.
7. What makes up the body and what gives us energy?
8. What is another set of building blocks in relation to life?
9. Describe briefly cellular respiration and it’s importance.
10. Describe briefly photosynthesis and its importance.
11. What is ATP.
Lec 4A ( / 8)
1. What are Autotrophs?
2. What are Heterotrophs?
3. What is decomposition?
4. What is Chemosynthesis? How are Archaebacteria and Chemoautotrophs related?
What are they? Where are they found?
5. What is a hydrothermal vent?
6. What is a consumer and what are the different levels? Give examples.
7. What are Detritivores? Give examples.
8. What can be said about energy and Trophic Levels?
Lec4 ( /14)
1. What is Anatomy?
2. Define Physiology.
3. Define Histology. Natural Science Practice Test ( / 192) Johannah Sukhu
4. What are the 4 types of chemical levels?
5. What are cells?
6. What are organelles?
7. Define and describe tissues.
8. Define and describe organs.
9. Define and describe the organ system.
10. Define and describe an organism.
11. What are the differences between Alive and Not Alive.
12. Name the ‘from structure organization to life’ process.
13. Name the survival needs.
14. What is Homeostasis? What is negative, positive feedback.
Lec ( /11)
1. What is an organ system?
2. Name the 11 organ systems.
3. List the functions for each system.
4. List the organs that belong to each system.
5. Class example of Autoimmune Anemia; what happens? What does the body do?
6. What are the 4 headings that separate the 11 organ systems (optional)
7. What does the term anatomical mean.
8. What is anatomical position.
9. What are the directional terms. How many/what are they?
10. What are the 4 body places and sections?
11. What are the 2 body cavities?
Lec 7 ( /24)
1. What are living organisms capable of doing in regards to the environment?
2. What is the non-scientific argument of life on Earth?
3. What is the problem about theories in regard to the universe?
4. Our body chemicals are said to be related to the universe, in what way?
5. Science cannot function if it is not being… (one word answer)
6. This subatomic particle is the basis of life.
7. Where did molecules originate from?
8. Define ‘Evolution of Chemistry’ in relation to our existence.
9. Metabolism is a series of… (two word answer)
10. During the 1950’s, this molecule was nicknamed “Molecule of Life”
11. Name the properties of cells. Example: fundamental units of life.
12. Why can’t a patient accept skin from another patient to fix a wound?
13. What are enzymes?
14. What are viruses? How do they replicate?
15. Describe the Earth’s conditions billions of years ago.
16. What is a Prokaryote and Eukaryote.
17. Which parent do you get your mitochondria from?
18. What are the three theories on the origin of life?
19. What was the initial life form on Earth billions of years ago?
20. What are the four stages in Formation of Life? Natural Science Practice Test ( / 192) Johannah Sukhu
21. What did Stanley Miller and Harold Urey do?
22. Why is DNA better than RNA?
23. What are amino acids
24. Did RNA or DNA come first?
Lec ( /24)
1. The second law of Thermodynamics is called? What does it state?
2. What are the 4 chemical elements available on Earth?
3. What is a polymer? What does it include (3 things)
4. What is a monomer? What does it include (3 things)
5. Describe the cell membrane
6. What did Watson and Crick do?
7. How do the nucleotides pair up in RNA?
8. Can RNA have errors?
9. Name three things about RNA.
10. What are protons, electrons and neutrons.
11. What is ionization?
12. What is an ionic bond?
13. What is matter?
14. Can chemicals be broken apart by normal means?
15. What is 90% of the human body composed of? (elements)
16. What is each element made of.
17. What is an atom composed of?
18. What is the atomic number and how do you calculate for it?
19. What is the atomic weight?
20. For CARBON, find the Atomic #, Atomic Weight, # of E’s, # of P’s and # of N’s.
21. Do the same for OXYGEN.