NATS 1690 (7)

Philosophy 2010 Final Exam Outline

2 Pages
Unlock Document

York University
Natural Science
NATS 1690
Robert Crippen

Phil 2010 – Origins of Western Philosophy – Anna Greco Guide to the Final Exam - Thursday, December 8 , 7:00-9:00 pm – ACW 004 Make sure you bring your student ID to the Exam. No notes, books, computers, phones, or other electronic devices – please. Format of the Exam The Final Exam will include ten (10) short-answer questions (5 pts. each) and two essay questions (25 pts. each). The answer to a short-answer question should be no longer than three or four sentences – I expect you will devote no more than 5-6 minutes to each. The answer to an essay question should be as long as the issue requires, and such that you can comfortably write within 20-30 minutes – not volumes, but not a skimpy answer either. Below is an essay question pool, consisting of two lists. The day of the Final Exam I will select two of the questions in each list, and you will be required to select and answer one out of those two for each list. List A: 1. Some or all of the following constitutes the only fragment of Anaximander’s writing: “The things that are perish into the things out of which they came to be, according to necessity, for they penalty and retribution to each other for their injustice in accordance with the ordering of time” (McKirahan 5.19, DK12B1). Analyze, explain, and discuss. 2. Analyze, explain, and discuss the following excerpt from Parmenides’ writing (McKirahan 11
More Less

Related notes for NATS 1690

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.