Study Guides (390,000)
CA (150,000)
York (10,000)
PSYC (1,000)
PSYC 1010 (500)
Study Guide

PSYC 1010- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 20 pages long!)

Department
Psychology
Course Code
PSYC 1010
Professor
Rebecca Jubis
Study Guide
Midterm

This preview shows pages 1-3. to view the full 20 pages of the document.
York
PSYC 1010
MIDTERM EXAM
STUDY GUIDE

Only pages 1-3 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Only pages 1-3 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Test 3 Study Tips
Test 3 takes place on Sun, Feb 5, 2-4pm in ACW-109
If you choose to do the 1-page exercise for a 2% bonus, it must be submitted
at 2pm on Feb 5 when you write Test 3. If you are not present on Feb 5, follow
the submission instructions as outlined on the exercise.
You will be tested on Modules 24- 26 (Memory); Modules 27- 28 (Thinking and Language);
Modules 29-32 (Intelligence); Modules 33-36 (What drives us?) (but only section 35-6 for
Module 35); Modules 37-39 (Emotions); Video #16.
I do NOT choose questions with the intention of “tricking” you, and I tend to ask questions
about more general concepts rather than “picky details”. Pay particular attention to concepts
that are bold-faced or italicized in your text. Be sure that you understand the material rather
than just memorize them. I will never ask you any dates and I don’t expect you to recall the
names of all of the researchers mentioned and what they investigated. You should, however, be
familiar with prominent names in psychology and with psychologist who developed major
theories (such as Wundt, Freud, Skinner etc).
There are a number of great resources to help you study for the test. First, the textbook itself
defines important terms in the page margins. There are numerous “Retrieval Practice”
exercises within each module, and module summaries can be found in the back of your
textbook. LaunchPad has multiple-choice questions, flashcards for definitions, as well as
simulations and tutorials that explain some important concepts.
HINTS for the 3 short-answer questions:
One question will come from Module 26- Forgetting, Memory Construction and Improving
Memory
One question will come from Module 37-Introduction to Emotion
One question will come from Module 30-Assessing Intelligence
There will be 100 multiple-choice questions.
IMPORTANT:
-Be sure to bring current photo ID, preferably your YuCard. You will not be able to write
the test without photo ID.
-Bring pencils and a good eraser because the multiple-choice will be answered on a
scantron sheet that will be computer-corrected. If you erase any answers on your scantron, be
sure to erase them completely. It is always best to fill out the scantron only when you are sure of
your answer.
-If you miss the test (for a valid reason with documentation), you must contact me
(jubis@yorku.ca) NO LATER THAN 48 HRS AFTER THE TEST. The only acceptable
medical document is the Attending Physicians Statement (download from Moodle) and it
must have the physicians signature, office stamp, and must be dated close to Feb 5.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version