Department
Psychology
Course Code
PSYC 2130
Professor
Frank Marchese
Study Guide
Final

This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 3 pages of the document.
1. Wh as Spielrei osidered to e a suitale adidate for Jug to appl Freuds ethod of therap? p. 48
a. It as Jugs koledge of he akgoud. As ell as he itelliget ad atisti aptitude, that a hae
led him to believe that she would e a e suitale adidate fo applig the Feudia ethod pf
psychoanalytical.
b. “he as Jugs pshoaalti test ase, as it ee, ad fo that easo I hold he i speial gatitude
2. Was Spielrei resposile for the split etee Freud ad Jug? pp. 50 51
a. What was first a doctor patient relationship, evolved into romance. However, , is the erotic component
disappears=d, there hope each had to their relationship came to an end
b. Freud and jung went separate reasons that were largely of a theoretical and temperamental nature
c. In his defense of s, lothane, disputes that suggestion of kerr that as jungs lover, s was to blame for the
eventual conflict bw Freud and young , thus contributing to the dissolution of their relation ship.
d. Lothane says it is a falsehood pooted…ut joh ke ho lais that as Jugs loe s as at the ete
of the squall of distrust that led to the break with Freud. According t lothane, the Freud- jung split had
other causes Evolving against the backdrop of the rupture with (Alfred Adler) it had to do with
disagreements over matters of doctrine, specifically, the sexual etiology of neurosis and and psychosis
e. Unlike Freud who, who accorded libinal or sexuality the primary role in normal development as well as
abnormal personality development, Adler claimed the primary human motivation is striving for superiority
in an effort to compensate for feelings of inferiority
f. Young ad adler had taken positions against what they saw as the excesses of freuds sexual libido theor
g. Write out paragraph page 52
h. Thus when theory an d therapy clashed with his observations and experience, jung was impelled to
express his own ideas. All in all, it appears that there were sufficient professional and theoretic
disagreements bw jung and Freud to account for the break bw them, with out giving a s a central role in
the conflict---NO SHE WAS NOT A CENTRAL ROLE
3. Wh did Freud eliee Jug ould e the suitale perso to arr Freuds ork forard? pp 3 - 54
a. Feuds dauphin, his son, and heir, as Freud referred to jung, was a great hope for Freud, who wished to
etust ito jugs guadiaship the futue of pshoaalsis
b. After having pesoall et jug fo the fist tie i Viea a oth ealie, feud said I ould hope fo
no one better than yourself as I hae oe to ko ou, to otiue ad oplete  ok. Feud
judged that their friendship would e as jug delaied  ot as oe  euals ut as fathe ad su
4. Did Spielrei ake a delaratio as to here her allegiaes lie? pp  56
a. S never lost sight of her wish to reconcile the destructivity hostile relationship that existed between jung
and Freud, as they both F and J sought to make her an ally of their respective camps. F made the matter of
allegiances quite clear to S, saying thee ill e a a eloe fo ou hee [at the Viea
[pshoaalti stateg], ut the ou ill hae to eogize the ee [jug] oe thee
b. S wrote a lette to f statig eeoe kos that I delae self a adheet to the Freudian society and
jung aot fogie e fo this.
c. Yet allegiances did not interfere with S ambitions. She established herself as an important contributor to
psychiatry and psychoanalysis, both abroad and in her native Russia
1) What is eat  aalti oudaries? pp  59
a) The aalti oudaies [of doto patiet elatioship] e ae failia ith toda ee ituall o-existent
when Freud, jung and their colleagues were practicing
b) The blurring of the boundaries bw professional and sexual or familial was the rule and not the exception
c) Thus with boundary violations abounding, the countertransference from junk to his patient at that time in the
early history of psychoanalysis is more readily comprehensible.
2) What did Freud sa aout the oligatio of the itelletual elite? pp 60 61
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version