PSYC 3350- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 26 pages long!)

304 views26 pages

Document Summary

Reference group effect: people come to understand themselves by comparing themselves to the similar others, within similar cultures. In milan, she might give a different response where she"s surrounded by the fashionista skinny women. In the us, they might give different answers. People have different standards in different cultures: heine et al. "s study: he asked japanese and canadians to complete a measure of independence and interdependence. Japanese and canadians who were fairly familiar with both cultures. The japanese were living in canada for an average of 8 months and the canadian students have lived in japan for more than a year. He would ask them questions like: i have respect for the authority figures with whom i interact if you score high: more interdependence: he used a cross cultural format: he asked of the canadians: compared to most. Japanese i know, i think i have respect for the authority figures.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers