Study Guides (238,094)
Canada (114,915)
York University (9,812)
SOSC 1375 (90)

Previous exam review with all concepts to focus on to learn this year!

4 Pages
Unlock Document

York University
Social Science
SOSC 1375
Jonathan Rudin

SOSC1375 30 Introductory Sociolegal StudiesMidterm Preparation and Practice QuestionsTest Format As indicated in the course syllabus the midterm test will be held in class on February 8 It will be scheduled for 15 hours and will begin at 430 It is worth 25 of your final gradeThe test will consist of two parts the first part will include six shortanswer questions of which you must answer five worth 2 marks each the second part will include two essay questions of which you must answer one worth 15 marks All questions will focus on information from the first four lectures and corresponding readings January 4February 1 inclusive You will have 5 minutes to read through the test questions before the official start time This will allow you an opportunity to ask for clarification if needed select the questions you plan to answer and to get your thoughts organized or jitters under control before you start writingThe test questions will not be exactly the same as the practice questions but will be of a similar type No surprises Some Ground RulesPlease arrive to class and be seated by or before 430 If you arrive late you will have less time to complete the testAll coats and bags should be deposited at the front of the lecture hall before you sit down Cell phones andor other electronic devices will not be permitted at your seat Please make sure they are off before putting them in your bag at the front of the lecture hall If you want something that keeps time wear a watchOnce you are seated you should have in front of you one exam book unopened your student ID and something to write with Thats itI will keep track of the time and alert you at the halfway point I will alert you again when you have 10 minutes remaining at which point I ask you to please remain seated until the end of the test so as to not disrupt those sitting around you If you complete the test early I strongly recommend you take advantage of the extra time to go back and read carefully through your answers checking for clarity and accuracy At the end of the test remain seated until all exams have been collectedThis can take a few minutes so please be patientwe want to ensure all of your work is received and accounted for Needless to say anyone caught cheating will be asked to leave immediately and reported to the Department of Social Science for an academic honesty hearing 1
More Less

Related notes for SOSC 1375

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.