York University (9,816)
Theatre (12)
THEA 1010 (1)

Intro to Stagecraft I- Definitions.docx

2 Pages
Unlock Document

THEA 1010
Gwenyth Dobie

Intro to Stagecraft I Proscenium: (fire wall hole) the arch that frames the stage in which the audience views the show; from Greek theatre (house vs. stage- 2 different rooms) False Proscenium: a theatre that is put in for a show but not part of the structure of the theatre Up stage: raked stages present show, upstage is the farthest end from the audience (house is flat) Down stage: end closest to the audience Stage Left/ Stage Right: from actors point of view, facing audience Plaster Line: imaginary line from proscenium end left to proscenium line right Centre Line: exactly center part of plaster line form upstage to downstage at a right angle Quarter Line: parallel to center mid way between 1 leg or proscenium and the center line Offstage: on stage level, out of sight from the audience Backstage: every part of the theatre that is not open to the audience Wings: areas that are offstage left and right (ballet space between legs) Stage House: building separate
More Less

Related notes for THEA 1010

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.