ASB 222 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Pressed Glass, Terminus Post Quem, Haitian Creole

158 views6 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 6: how did dining practices change over time and what archaeological evidence support this, 16th century i. ii. In england: the use of chair by simple folk, chairs are rare; associated with leadership and authority, chairs. Fork appeared afterwards: knives used to eat had blades with pointed ends; italian, used round-ended knife, governor winthrop of massachusetts owned a fork, 1721- marshfield; plymouth colony area probate inventories i. ii. European uses their forks upside down - they"re the one who"s using it upside down though. Spoon intermediate utensil a: could cut food and transfer it to the bowl c. fork is similar to spoon, 18th century i. ii. In england: medieval cookery- combining all manner of foodstuffs into stews, pottages and other exotic mixtures- organic and corporate in form. Ideal american meal: meat, potato, vegetable- very mechanical. How did this affect american music: brother-sister incest marriage i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers