Review for Test 1
To Study for Test 1:
1) Try the Old Test 1 and Old Test 2 Problems
2) Know everything on this test review.
3) Study your homework problems and class notes from these sections.
Formulas to memorize for Test 1:
For Section 10.1 you need to:
1) Memorize the distance formula in 3D.
2) Memorize the equation of a sphere.
3) Know how to plot points in 3D.
4) Know x = c, y = c, z = c are equations of planes and how to graph those planes.
6) Know is an equation of a circular cylinder and how to graph a circular cylinder.
2 2 2 2
7) Know that (x h) + (y k) + (z l) = r is a sphere with center (h, k, l) and radius r, and know how
to graph a sphere.
For Section 10.2 you need to know:
1) How to add/subtract vectors graphically using "headtotail" lineup.
2) What cv means for c > 0 and c is
r(t) 0 r + tv, where r(t) = and r0 = 2) That parametric equations are of the form x = x +0ta, y = y +0tb, z = z 0 tc.
3) That symmetric equations are of the form (x x )/a = (y y )/b = (z z )/c,
0 0 0
4) That a line segment from P (0 ,0y ,0z )0to P 1x ,1y ,1z 1 is given by
r(t) = (10 t)r1 + tr , wh0re r 0 , r 1 and 0