BIOL 2010- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 59 pages long!)

76 views59 pages
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

If you"re i(cid:374) the (cid:373)iddle, you ha(cid:448)e the highest fit(cid:374)ess: mean should stay the same, but the genetic variation is decreased, there are some examples in the text book, baby size. Lecture 4: you could have a liver with mutations in them, mutation rate is pretty low. Lecture 5: change in allele frequencies of a population over a generation, happens in a population, selection pressure happens to an individual. I(cid:373)plicit i(cid:374) darwi(cid:374)"s thi(cid:374)ki(cid:374)g: you can have a population split and become 2 different species, each species can be changing but they will be homologous and similar to each other because of that common ancestor. Boundaries between levels can be subjective: depends on the research and the questions, amazon rain forest example. Lecture 5: across the amazon, there is variation means that you can break up the amazon into different regions of different types of tropical rain forests. Lecture 5: potentially northfacing and southfacing elements.