Music Academic
Course
MUSA 1300
Professor
Donald James
Semester
Fall

Description
MU030 - History of Rock and Roll and Popular Music in the United States Exam 2 Review 9 November 2012 Listening repertory: • “Hey Good Lookin’” - Hank Williams • “Nancy (With the Laughing Face)” - Frank Sinatra • Choo Choo Ch’Boogie - Louis Jordan • That’s All Right - Elvis Presley • Oh Boy - Buddy Holly • Be My Baby - The Ronettes • My Girl - The Temptations • Wouldn’t It Be Nice - The Beach Boys • Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds - The Beatles • My Generation - The Who • Papa’s Got a Brand New Bag - James Brown • Respect - Aretha Franklin • Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan • White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane • Heroin - TheVelvet Underground Topics: • For each of the examples listed above, ask yourself two questions: why did we listen to this in class, and what is this an example of? Refer to your notes and the textbook for answers to each. Please pay particular attention to the following topics: • Country and hillbilly music • High, lonesome sound • Tropes and imagery in country lyrics • Post-War pop music • Effects of media and technology mid-century • Changing media for records • Changing business models and industry practices
More Less

Related notes for MUSA 1300

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit