PSYCH 130 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Face Perception, Parent Management Training, Derealization

48 views11 pages
18 Aug 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Rdoc: what are some pros and cons of the dsm-5 diagnostic system, pros a. i. a. ii. a. iii. a. iv, cons. Helpful for choosing appropriate treatment b. i. b. ii. b. iii. b. iv. b. v. b. vi. Arbitrary cutoffs (e. g. , 4 symptoms vs. 5 symptoms) Too many disorders: what is the rationale for the rdoc project, though the dsm is reliable, it lacks validity. Dsm diagnoses are based on consensus about clusters of symptoms - not objective lab measure: transform diagnosis by incorporating genetics, imaging, cognitive science, etc c. to lay foundation for a new classification system. What are the units of analysis: domains (construct) a. i. a. ii. a. iii. a. iv. a. v. Arousal and regulatory systems: units of analysis. Dimensional scores provide richer detail: personality trait ratings tend to be more stable over time than are personality disorder diagnoses, personality trait dimensions are related to aspects of psychological adjustment and physical outcomes c. i. Personality dimensions robustly predict important interpersonal outcomes like quality of friendships and life expectancy.