Computer Science
Course
CAS CS 101
Professor
Michael Manove
Semester
Spring

Description
SM 131 “The Insider” Discussion Questions In the movie “The Insider” there are three characters we will explore: Jeffrey Wigand,  Lowell Bergman, and CBS, Corp.  While you watch the movie, please look for facts and  scenes that help you answer the following questions.  We will discuss these questions in  class:  1. Jeffrey Wigand:  a. Wigand is wrestling with a decision, what is that decision? b. Using Kant’s Categorical Imperative, evaluate Wigand’s options in  making that decision.  Include identifying Wigand’s competing duties. c. Using Bentham’s Utilitarianism, evaluate Wigand’s options. d. What, if any, blind spots do you see in Wigand’s path? e. Do you think Wigand was satisfied with his decision? f. What did Wigand lose when he blew the whistle on his employer? g. How did blowing the whistle impact his career? h. How did blowing the whistle impact his personal life? i. Having heard Mr. Keating’s lecture on SOX and Dodd­Frank, what  sections of those laws, had they been passed at the time of Wigand’s  decision, would have helped Wigand?  How would they have helped?  DO  you think the law adequately addresses Wigand’s risks? 2. Lowell Bergman a. Bergman is wrestling with a decision, what i
More Less

Related notes for CAS CS 101

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit