Psych Discussion: Practice Quiz before Midterm 3 03/27/2013
1. Gene – sequence of DNA coding for a specific protein
Chromosomes – large DNA, get 23 of them from each parent
2. Genotype: genetic material for a certain trait
Phenotype: trait that is actually displayed
3. Humans (not related) have 99.99% of genes in common.
4. At birth, you have as many brain cells as you possibly can have. True, the cell number remains the same,
but the number of connections between these neurons change.
5. Harlow’s experiment, cloth mother vs. wire mother with food, result:
When threatened by a novel object, monkey ran to cloth mother instead of wire mother.
6. Mary’s Ainsworth: Child at