Study Guides (238,613)
United States (119,856)
Statistics (13)
STAT 301 (11)

Standard error, confidence intervals, RR, O, OR, test of homogeneity, test of independence

4 Pages
Unlock Document

Colorado State University
STAT 301
Brett Hunter

2 November Want confidence intervals for these statistics (RR, Ô, OR) It is hard to calculate the standard error for these three statistics Solution: Find the standard error of their natural logs Notation Natural log is denoted ln in math books It is eog Statisticians use log as the natural log On calculate, log i10log So whenever I write “log”, I mean the natural log n S.E. of log (odds) √x(n−x) x = total successes n = total observations 1−p 1+1−p 2 n1−x 1+n2−x 2 S.E. of log (RR) √ p 1 1 p2n2 OR √ n1x1 n2x2 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 S.E. of log (OR) √ x1 n1−x1 x2 n 2x 2 So CI for the log of the statistic is ± log (stat) Z crit.E.) Thus ± n CI of log (odds) = log (odds) Zcrit √ x(n−x) n1−x 1 n2−x 2 CI of log (RR) = log (RR) ± Z crit + √ n1x1 n2x 2 ± 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 CI of log (OR) = log (OR) Zcrit√ x1 n1−x 1 x2 n2−x 2 eloe x Note that = x. Thus, to get the CIs for the statistics, we take e to the power of the CI of the logs. So the CIs for the statistics are (stat)±Z crit.E.) log¿ ¿
More Less

Related notes for STAT 301

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.