PLS 481 Study Guide - Final Guide: Common Cause, Blanket PrimaryExam
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
1. In the 2012 general election, 18 to 29 year olds voted at a higher rate than they did in 2008
2. In running for the state legislature, incumbents and challengers spend nearly the same
amount of money on their political campaigns
3. Political campaigns are so expensive in CA because
a. Campaigns need to hire political consultants
b. Campaigns need to spend a substantial amount of money on media advertising
c. Political parties are not very involved in the planning and running of campaigns
d. All of the above
4. Special-interest groups often use the initiative process to achieve their policy objectives
5. Which of the following is not true about Proposition 34, which deals with campaign finance?
a. The League of Women Voters and Common Cause supported Prop 34
b. Prop 34 increased allowable individual contributions to candidates to $21,200
c. Prop 34 has resulted in less control of campaign financing
d. Prop 34 replaced the stricter campaign finance law enacted through Prop 208
6. Of CA’s 39 million people, approximately how many are registered to vote?
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version