PLS 481 Final: Ch9 Practice Multiple Choice QuestionsExam
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
1. Cities and counties that have home-rule charters have the authority to make their own laws
even if they violate state and federal laws
2. The US constitution gives local governments inherent rights and powers that cannot be
taken away by state governments
3. County boards of supervisors have both legislative and executive authority
4. Most cities are governed by council-manager systems
5. At the local government level, citizens cannot petition for a referendum or recall election
6. Which of the following is not a characteristic of reform government at the local level?
a. At-large council elections
c. City manager plan
d. Concurrent elections
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version