INFO 205 Study Guide - Winter 2018, Comprehensive Midterm Notes - Farjana, Rgb Color Model, Liquid-Crystal Display

109 views13 pages
INFO 205
MIDTERM EXAM
STUDY GUIDE
Fall 2018
Unlock document

This preview shows pages 1-3 of the document.
Unlock all 13 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in
Unlock document

Farjana Nipa
                                                       Assignment 2
1. What was Nike trying to accomplish with the Nike+ product?
Today technology is becoming more and more advance and people are becoming more
dependent on it so by trying to connect their Nike product to technology Nike is creating a
product to make people live more efficient by allowing people to track of their workout, giving
them access to their progress level, and important information about their everyday lives and it
even more appealing to customers because the technology is doing these work for them so their
target market are athletic, people who wants to lose weight, and people in general who likes to
exercise. Also by adding technology with their product they are making the product more
appealing to customers because technology like ipod is used by many people.
2. How did the Nike+ product work?
The  Nike+ shoe contains a  sensor's accelerometer which measures the amount of time a
runner's foot is on the ground,  the sensor then sends the data to a receiver that's either attached
to an iPod nano or built into the second-gen iPod touch.  Later when the person is done with their
workout they can transfer the data from the Nike HQ to the customer’s PC by connecting the
ipod to a computer running iTunes, which then automatically sends the data, including start time,
duration, and distance. This information can also be read by third party and open source apps.
Also these users has access to their run and workout history at NikePlus.com, which contains a
graph that shows all their activity, and then there is also a detailed explanation about each
workout. If the user need to meet specific goals or simply need encouragement, they can enter
challenges.
3. Do you think the Nike+ Experiment was a “smart” strategy for Nike? Why or Why not?
I do think the Nike+ Experiment was a “smart” strategy for Nike because not only did it increase
worker productivity but it allow them to see a demonstration of something their product is doing.
Both the Nike+ Experiment and the customers who use the Nike+ shoe have one similar thing in
common which is the Hawthorne effect, in which it explain that a person tend to do better when
it knows it's being observed.
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

Farjana Nipa
Professor Scott Engle
INFO 101-902
17 January 2017
                                              Importance of  Technology
There are technology everywhere. There are technology in hospitals, homes, schools, and
most of the other places you could think of. As days go on and on technology is growing more
and more advance and it's becoming more and more important for us every day.Today's
millennials were born in a world with technology and as a millennial myself I am glad to born
with such advantages and opportunities. Technology is a very importance aspect of our life and
many of us need technology to improve our world and to make our everyday life easier along
with technology comes with social media.  I am one of these millennial who is trying to improve
our world by educating and helping others. Throughout my life in high school and now in
college technology and social media has inspired and helped me out in many ways.
I remember a very special day in high school. It was June 15, 2015. I was sitting
in the my Ap Environmental class, and like every other day I was eagerly waiting to learn
something new and interesting. Suddenly a nice Indian woman walked into the class. “Hi guys,”
said Mrs. Mathews with a beautiful smile. She walked over to her laptop and introduced the topic
we were about to learn. Like every other day she went off topic again. We went from learning
about developing and developed country to a video name “Girls Up” which she pulled up from
facebook. As the video played my eyes started tearing up with water. What I was seeing front of
eyes was so inspiring. The video was about this organization that is sponsored by the united
nation to help the females all around the world and from that moment I knew this what my heart
have been searching for and that this is something that I would love to do. Today this is a dream
I am still trying to fulfill, however this all happened with a help of technology and social media.
Because of this laptop that my teacher was using, I was able able to discover one of my passion.
However technology and social media didn’t stop helping me there. During my summer
break in 2015 I went to the library and got on various nonprofit page on social media I was to
research and learn about the struggles of girls in the developing country and what Girl Up is
doing to help them. After my summer break was over I enter school as senior.  In my senior year
of High school, my friend and I took the initiative to be part of the Girl Up team by opening a
club which we also named, “Girl l up.” By using a laptop, we made beautiful flyers to encourage
girls from our school to join our team. Also by using a laptop we were able to open a Girl Up
Facebook page to demonstrates the work we do, to influence other to do the same, and to join our
team. Through helps of laptops and computers, we were able to encourage people to help us with
our mission.
Technology has helped me a lot, especially laptops and computer.It helped me fulfill
some of my biggest dream and if wasn’t for technology. I don’t think I could have done so much.
Technology has help me spread my words.  It helped discover my goals in life. Today I am a
proud student at Drexel University with full scholarship and I didn’t get this scholarship mostly
because of my grades but rather what technology had influenced to do.
Unlock document

Document Summary

The sensor then sends the data to a receiver that"s either attached to an ipod nano or built into the second-gen ipod touch. I do think the nike+ experiment was a smart strategy for nike because not only did it increase worker productivity but it allow them to see a demonstration of something their product is doing. I am still trying to fulfill, however this all happened with a help of technology and social media. Because of this laptop that my teacher was using, i was able able to discover one of my passion. Describe five ways to protect yourself and your personal information from phishing. Explain how a simple serial number stored in a cookie can be used to store personal information. They are exchange between the client and the server on each transmission of information which allows the server to know which of the many clients is sending information.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers