BIOL 172 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Academic Dishonesty, Phospholipid Scramblase, Autoimmune Disease

82 views12 pages
8 Jan 2020
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

By signing below, i pledge that i will not utilize outside sources, transcribe answers from another"s exam, view what another student is writing. I also pledge that i have not obtained information about the exact questions on this exam prior to taking it, and will not share information about what is on this exam with anyone outside of class. I understand that doing so is academic dishonesty. Read each question carefully and provide a brief answer in the space provided. Each question is worth 3 points except where noted. For true/false statements that you deem false, provide an explanation of why the statement is false as written. Membrane lipids are _amphipathic_ molecules, composed of a hydrophilic portion and a hydrophobic portion. All cell membranes have the same structure, with the _tails of the phospholipids facing into the interior of the membrane and the phosphate (also accepted polar head group)_ on the outside.