• Game Controller: Includes gamepads, joysticks and wheels, dance pads, and a variety of
motion sensing controllers.
• Output: Data that has been processed into a useful form.
• Resolution: The number of pixels (individual points of color) contained on a display
• Data Projector: A device that projects images displaying on a computer or mobile device
screen on a larger screen so that an audience can see the image clearly.
• Interactive Whiteboard: A touch-sensitive device, resembling a dry-erase board, that
displays the image on a connected computer screen.
• Tactile: Vibration or force feedback.
• Speakers: Generate higher-quality sounds at louder volumes.
• Earbuds: Rest inside the ear canal.
• Printer: Produces text and graphics on a physical medium.
• Nonimpact Printer: Forms characters and graphics on a piece of paper without actually
contacting the paper (i.e. ink jet, laser, thermal, photo, plotters, large format).
• Impact Printer: Form characters and graphics on a piece of paper by striking a
mechanism against an inked ribbon that physically contacts the paper (i.e. typewriters
and dot matrix).
• Storage Device: The hardware that records and/or retrieves items to and from storage
• Hard Drives: Characteristics include: Tracks, sectors, platters, form factors, read/write
head, revolutions per minute.
• Hard Disk: (aka Hard Disk Drive or HDD) Contains one or more inflexible, circular platters
that use magnetic particles to store data, instructions, and information.
• SSD: (Solid Sate Drive) A flash memory storage device that contains its own processor to
manage its storage.
• Memory Card: A removable flash memory storage device that you insert and remove
from a slot in a computer, mobile device, or card reader/writer.
• USB Flash Drives: Plug into a USB port on a computer or mobile device.
• Capacity: How much data storage will hold.
• Communications Device: Hardware capable of transferring items from computers and
devices to transmission media and vice versa. • Know this Process: Sending deviceTransmission media (wired or wireless)Receiving
device (Wireless= Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, RFID, NFC, Microwave, Satellite, Cellular radio,