APK 3110C Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Acetyl-Coa, Citric Acid Cycle, Oxidative Phosphorylation
56 views4 pages
1) Identify dierent directions in which pyruvate metabolism may
Pyruvate is very versatile and can be interchanged with lactate,
alanine, and glucose.
2) or conversion of pyruvate to acetyl CoA:
A. Recognize that reaction is irreversible. How does this explain
general statement that glucose can't be synthesized from fat?
Fatty acid are turned into Acetyl CoA and never pyruvate.
Therefore, they can never undergo gluconeogenesis and creat
B. Recognize this reaction as an example of oxidative
Are Oxidation reaction in which a carboxylate group is removed,
3) Regulation of PDH
TCA Cycle (Krebs Cycle; Citric Acid Cycle)
1) Recognize and be able to give examples of this cycle's role as a
metabolic pathway (e.g. where can its intermediaries originate?
they be diverted from the cycle and used for ?)
Carbohydrates, Fatty acids, and proteins can all be converted
into Acetyl CoA
and then go through the TCA cycle.
2) Identify example of substrate level phosphorylation.
Formation of a reaction that results in ATP or CTP by the direct
transfer of a
3) Describe the role of OAA in regulating cycle activity.
OAA is necessary because it is used to form citrate.
Electron transport chain (ETC)
1) State the purpose and cellular location and list the components of