[PSYC 1001] - Final Exam Guide - Ultimate 42 pages long Study Guide!

131 views42 pages
30 Mar 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor
PSYC 1001 Full Course Notes
PSYC 1001 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
2 documents

Document Summary

Science-- psychologists use scientific principles, carefully defined methods and precise procedures to present an organized body of knowledge, inferences, and predictions for this course we are looking at it as a science. Behavior overt behavior to things that are readily observable (for the purpose of this course) i. e. crying, laughter, nervous ticks. Mental processes-- the dynamic processes that are not readily observable, but may be inferred from behavior, self-reports, etc. i. e. worrying, fear, embarrassment(emotion), the release of hormones. Context-- the social and cultural context of any behavior i. e. the space where the behavior is occurring. & why are answered: modify: apply research finding to change inappropriate behavior or circumstances; used to prevent unwanted outcomes or bring desired goals. i. e. if a patient is at risk. Psychology the discipline concerned with b&mp and how they are affected (cid:271)(cid:455) a(cid:374) o(cid:396)ga(cid:374)is(cid:373)"s physical state, mental state, and external environment. Pseudoscience p(cid:396)o(cid:373)ises eas(cid:455) fi(cid:454)es to life"s p(cid:396)o(cid:271)le(cid:373)s a(cid:374)d (cid:272)halle(cid:374)ges.