KNR 182 Study Guide - Summer 2018, Comprehensive Midterm Notes - Skeletal Muscle, Smooth Muscle Tissue, Oxygen

110 views55 pages

Document Summary

Circulatory system: transport- all substances essential for cellular metabolism are transported by the circulatory system a. i. Main over line goal and function of the circulatory system is to allow transport a. ii. Allows molecules to move throughout the body a. iii. Transport all substances essential for cellular metabolism a. v. Cell needs waste product removal and nutrients to produce atp a. vi. Systemic circuit: all the cells of the body a. vii. Allows elaborate transport system// network to connect cells to other organs and other systems of the body a. viii. Rbc carry oxygen to tissues/cells from the lungs a. viii. 1. b. Secondary function of the circulatory system: protection- protects against injury and foreign microbes or toxins within the body (clotting mechanisms, white blood cells, leukocytes) c. i. Bleeding c. i. 1. b. i. want to be able to clot the blood c. i. 2. Advantage prevents excessive blood loss: key points to take away d. i. The circulatory system is considered to be a closed loop typed system d. i. 2.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers