PSYC 150 Study Guide - Fall 2019, Comprehensive Final Exam Notes - Mother, Major Depressive Disorder, Jesus

64 views22 pages
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Secure/insecure attachment styles: attachment/relationship styles are not, personalities, temperaments, mental health disorders, active sin. Attachment styles and beliefs: avoidant i"m okay, you"re not okay, ambivalent i"m not okay, you"re okay, disorganized i"m not okay, you"re not okay, secure i"m okay, you"re okay. Secure attachment: characteristics of the secure self, emotional strength, willingness to seek and accept comfort, especially in times of trouble, willing to take risk for love and intimacy (courage, responsible for their choices/behavior, courage to make positive change. Mental representations of secure attachment: secure-base script: if-then propositions. The new script then influences the person"s ability to confront stressful situations with the expectation of a positive outcome: broaden and build: increases a person"s resilience and expands his or her perspectives, coping flexibility, and skills and capabilities . They often go numb, feeling as if the world around them is not real: i cannot trust others and i cannot trust myself therefore, i cannot trust.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers