BISC 464- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 62 pages long!)

54 views62 pages
30 Nov 2017
Course
Professor

Document Summary

The structure and function of the normal cell. Integrated response of the cell to injury i. The colder it is, the better cells survive c. Atrophy, hypertrophy, metaplasia, intracellular accumulations, and aging d. Give rise to residual pigment bodies (lipofuscin) i. Brown pigment composed of oxidized lipids in aging tissue. Consists of microtubules, microfilaments and intermediate filaments i. Glial cells--glial fibrillary acid protein (cause 85% of adult brain cancers) Organ--> tissue--> cell--> molecular events (by cell signaling caused by molecular genetics) Each cell has about 3000 genes on (cell and tissue genes) Cancer causes morphological changes by changing on/off of the cell cycle genes. Tissue--> compensated (reversible cell injury) and decompensated (irreversible cell injury) Epithelial to mesenchymal transition--usually happens in development, but is used by cancer cells to become malignant. Interaction of cells with other cells a. b. Regulated until a point of no return, in which the cell will turn necrotic.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers