BIOL 2051 Study Guide - Final Guide: Adaptive Immune System, Lipopolysaccharide, Aureus

66 views3 pages
24 Jun 2014
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Which of the following is the best immune response to a staphylococcus aureus infection in the blood? specific immune response, adaptive immune response (something like that i forget the exact wording. it"s the specific not the nonspecific) Which of the following is a surface polysaccharide that prevents phagocytosis? the o antigen of salmonella. Which of the following is used to make the vaccine for diphtheria? toxoid. Invade host tissues further (breaks down clots stopping it from spreading) Streptococcus mutans (the sticky polysaccharide is dextran, but that"s not on the test) Cell stops producing mhc-i protein (cancerous or infected cells stop producing mhc-i) I forgot the question, but know that superantigens cause a very strong immune response and can cause systemic shock. Antibodies are passed to a child from it"s mother during childbirth. Which of the following is associated with mast cells? release of histamines.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers