CMST 2010 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Self-Awareness, Intimate Relationship, Nonverbal Communication

50 views8 pages
2 Jul 2014
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Interpersonal communication: communication, problematic term has been spread out to encompass many things, used in a lot of different ways c. Self multi dimensional we need this phenomenon to accomplish a need. Industrialization allowed us to choose our futures and we were allowed to make choices. In a developed culture, you have to play the identity game. Start to perform the identity of no identity (i. e. wal-mart t-shirts vs. hollister) Interpretation creation of relationships among those constructs: retrieving our past perceptions influence our choices. Attribution theory we work as na ve psychologists by making casual attributions to explain behavior or events around us (cause and effect) Internal attribution person caused it to happen to self, they are at fault: external attribution outside forces caused it to happen, victim of circumstance. If something bad happens to me tend to make external attribution. If something bad happens to you tend to make internal attribution. Good me internal (i earned an a)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers