Communication Studies
Course
CMST 2060
Professor
All Professors
Semester
Fall

Description
Final Exam NotesIt takes more words to say something than to write somethingLast words are most memorableAnastropheoEx ask not what your country can do for you but what u can do for your country jfkRhythmoPatrick henry speech I know not what course will take But give me liberty or give me deathFigures of speech will connect sentences by emphasizing the relationship among ideas and by repeating key sounds to establish a pleasing rhythm Anaphora repeating of a same word or phrase at the beginning of successive clauses or sentencesEpistrophe repeating of a word or expression at the end of phrases clauses or sentencesAlliteration the repetition of a particular sound in the first syllables of a series of words or phrases Antithesis involves use of contrast to make rhetorical pointResearch says three is magic number People rmr stuff better if they hear it 3 times than they do 2 or 4 timesNever use a long word when a short word will do Obfuscation use of obscure confusing language that changes up what your trying to say Euphemism inoffensive words or phrases substituted for more direct language Jargon technical terminology techno babbleoYou wanna avoid using jargon as a general rule a cutaway basically where you remove a section of something to see the inside
More Less

Related notes for CMST 2060

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit