Psychology
Course
PSYC 2076
Professor
All Professors
Semester
Winter

Description
Chapter 16Social and Personality Development in AdolescenceIIdentity Asking Who Am IASelfConcept What Am I Like1Differentiation of selfconcept reflects a complex definition of the selfFor example we talked about adolescents becoming more idealisticthey may start defining themselves by their belief systems as well Confusion behaviors dont always match up with selfimage Older teens more comfortable wbehaviors changing across situationsIncorporating others view of the self even more BSelfEsteem How Do I Like Myself 1Gender Differences in SelfEsteemaEspecially in early adolescence girls have lower selfesteemSocial pressure on physical appearance social relationshipsMay feel pressured to hide academic abilityWhile the selfesteem of boys is generally higher they have worries of their ownBoys macho expectations confident tough fearless no matter what Athletic competence 2Socioeconomic Status and Race Differences in SelfEsteemaHigher SES leads to more selfesteemespecially in late adolescence Trends very important can feel left out if you cant afford them
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 2076

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit