PSYC 2076 Study Guide - Juvenile Delinquency, Gender Role, Twin Study

89 views8 pages
2 Jul 2014
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Identity: asking who am i? : self-concept: what am i like, differentiation of self-concept reflects a complex definition of the self. For example, we talked about adolescents becoming more idealistic they may start defining themselves by their belief systems, as well. Confusion: behs don"t always match up with self-image. Older teens more comfortable w/ behs changing across situations. Incorporating others" view of the self even more. Beliefs ideas about who you are: self-esteem: how do i like myself, gender differences in self-esteem, especially in early adolescence, girls have lower self-esteem. Is the emotional reaction to who you are. While the self-esteem of boys is generally higher, they have worries of their own. Athletic competence: socioeconomic status and race differences in self-esteem, higher ses leads to more self-esteem . Trends very important; can feel left out if you can"t afford them: current research indicates that african american adolescents, who have strong racial identity and sense of community,

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers