Psychology (663)
PSYC 2076 (23)
All (19)

Chapter 16 ChildDev

8 Pages
Unlock Document

Louisiana State University
PSYC 2076

Chapter 16Social and Personality Development in AdolescenceIIdentity Asking Who Am IASelfConcept What Am I Like1Differentiation of selfconcept reflects a complex definition of the selfFor example we talked about adolescents becoming more idealisticthey may start defining themselves by their belief systems as well Confusion behs dont always match up with selfimageolder teens more comfortable w behs changing across situationsincorporating others view of the self even morebeliefs ideas about who you areBSelfEsteem How Do I Like Myself 1Gender Differences in SelfEsteemaEspecially in early adolescence girls have lower selfesteemsocial pressure on physical appearance social relationshipsmay feel pressured to hide academic abilityis the emotional reaction to who you areWhile the selfesteem of boys is generally higher they have worries of their ownmacho expectations confident tough fearless no matter whatathletic competence2Socioeconomic Status and Race Differences in SelfEsteemaHigher SES leads to more selfesteem especially in late adolescencetrends very important can feel left out if you cant afford them
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 2076

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.