PSYC 3050 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Testability, Paq, Occupational Information Network

34 views16 pages
18 Jun 2014
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

What is i/o psychology: the application of psychological principles and theories in the workplace, the study of how people get along with each other at work and are able to do their jobs effectively, among other things, i/o psychologists study, the attitudes and behaviors of employees and employers, interpersonal relationships at work, the structure of organizations and organizational policies, the complex process of motivation and leadership, individual and organizational performance, the context, culture, and climate of organizations, the match between people and jobs. How are i/o psychologists trained: the scientist/practitioner model, i/o psychologists are often both the generators of knowledge (scientists, and the consumers of such knowledge (practitioners, to effectively teach future i/o psychologists, one must be able to share insights at, a theoretical level, an applied level, the goal of graduate training in i/o psychology is to develop competencies which are, skills, behaviors, capabilities that allow people to effectively perform specific functions, competencies of i/o psychologists.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers