PSYC 3050 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Army Alpha, Industrial And Organizational Psychology, Organizational Theory

36 views21 pages
24 Jun 2014
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

The history of i/o psychology: what is i/o psychology? their jobs effectively. 2: definition: application of psychological principals and theories to the work place, the study of how people get along with each other at work and are able to do a. Internet applications to i/o i: work family issues, teams, legal issues, justice, 360 feedback, 21st century. Issues making i/o increasingly relevant i: global competition, downsizing technology bases, flatter organizations structures. Independent- anything that is systematically manipulated by the researcher: predictor. , precursor, antecedent: dependent- variable of interest that we design our studies to assess, criteria. , outcomes, consequences: extraneous variable- any other variable that can contaminate results ii. It is imperative that a predictor be measured reliably. Inter-rater- extent to which multiple raters or judges agree on ratings made about a person, thing or behavior: examine the correlation between ratings of two different sides rating the same person, helps protect against interpersonal biases.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers