• The consensus Model assumes cooperation between all components of the system towards
a common goal. true
• An Indictment is a formal written accusation submitted to the court by a grand jury
alleging that an individual has committed a specific offense
• Who is credited with creating the crime-control model?? Herbert Packer
• Aproceeding before a judicial officer in which it must be shown that there is Probably
Cause to believe the defendant committed a crime. Preliminary Hearing
• This type of sentence consists of two or more sentences that have been ordered to be
served at the same time. Concurrent
• The systems model of criminal justice is an accurate representation of how the system
• Public-order advocates believe the interests of society take precedence over individual
• Civil Justice deals with fairness in relationships between citizens, government agencies,
and business in private matters.
• At what stage of the CJ process is a plea entered? Arraignment
• Which CJ model emphasizes individual rights? Due Process
• Justice is defined as the principle of fairness or the ideal of moral equity.
• This CJ model emphasizes the efficient arrest and conviction of criminal offenders. Crime
• This term refers to the necessary level of belief that allows the police to make an arrest.
• Which agency compiles the Uniform Crime Reports? FBI
• The clearance rate of crime refers to the proportion of reported crimes that have been
• Which crime is reported with a frequency similar to its actual rate of occurrence? Auto
• Forcible Rape Is the most under-reported violent crime
• NIBRS will replace the Uniform Crime Reporting method. True
• Which crime has the highest clearance rate? Murder
• Embarrassment about the crime is the most cited reason for not reporting forcible rape.
• Force or the threat of force is an element of robbery. True
• The is based on victims reports rather than police reports. National Crime Victimization
• Arson is the attempted burning or burning of property with or without the intent to
• This type of crime is non-violent, committed for financial gain by someone having special
or inside knowledge of the targeted business. White-collar Crime.
• Stare Decisis. The principle of courts and judges recognizing past decisions as a guide for
future deliberations is know as what?
• Guilty Act. Actus Reus Means?
• Criminal Law This type of law assumes that wrongful acts injure not just individuals, but
society as a whole. • False. Case Law consists of unwritten legal precedents created from English social
customs, rules, and practices.
• Procedural. This type of law regulates the processing of an offender by the CJ system.
• Involuntary Intoxication.This defense is used when someone is tricked into consuming an
• Entrapment. The term used if police engage in activity that would cause a person to
commit a crime.
• Sixth.Which ConstitutionalAmendment guara