Exam 2 Review
• Abiotic: Not living
• Biotic: Living
• Transpiration is not a process by which carbon can move between reservoirs in an ecosystem.
• Four process of the water cycle: Precipitation, evaporation, transpiration, condensation
• Evapotranspiration filters water for use naturally
• The majority of biomass produced by plants comes from carbon dioxide in the air that enters
through leaf stomata.
• Sources-residents times are short and they have an out-flux that is large. (The atmosphere is a
source for Carbon Dioxide)
• Sinks- residents times are long and they have an out-flux that is small. (Fossil Fuels)
• The total amount of chemical energy produced by autotrophs= Gross Primary Production.
• Nitrification: TakesAmmo