KIN 121 Study Guide - Final Guide: Low-Density Lipoprotein, Body Composition, Atherosclerosis
7 views2 pages
Final Study Guide
a. What is it?
2. Difference between myocardial infarction and stroke
3. Primary and Secondary risk factors
a. Controllable vs. uncontrollable
i. Examples of how to control
4. Know the values we discuss for LDL, HDL, total cholesterol, hypertension, etc.
5. What is the difference between LDL and HDL
a. Is one bad and one good?
6. What are the different types of diabetes?
7. What are the different types of stress?
8. 3 stages of stress
a. Know the hormones
b. Examples of each
9. Different personality types
10. How do you manage stress?
11. What is your favorite technique and why?
Chapter 11: (Guest Speaker on Nutrition)
12. Know the study questions you answered for assignment
13. What is the primary source of energy?
14. Be able to describe the similarities and differences between carbohydrates,
proteins, and fats.
a. How many calories?
b. What is used most often for energy?
c. What do you need to burn fat?
15. Be able to describe some relative portion sizes
16. What is the Glycemic index and how does it affect a diabetic?
17. What are the 6 macronutrients?
18. Body composition
d. Fat free mass vs. fat mass
19. Location of fat
20. What causes obesity?