C_S_D 4220 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Ney, Cranial Nerves, Formant

99 views10 pages

Document Summary

Material: all lecture material, handouts, and text (chapters 1 & 2) Exam format: the exam will consist of multiple choice, matching, and completion/list. You will have the entire class period to take the exam. Although you are responsible for all the assigned materials, the following is a brief summary that may help focus your preparation. Laryngeal anatomy & physiology: laryngeal cartilages & membranes (important landmarks on each and relative position within larynx, hyoid bone a. i. Horseshoe shape cartilage (rings) with posterior margin connective tissue: cricoid cartilage c. i. Lamina- signet posterior aspect: thyroid cartilage d. i. Thyroid notch: male 90 degrees, females 120 degrees d. iii. Attach to horns (cornua) of hyoid bone (superiorly) d. iv. Basis for changing length of vf to modify pitch: arytenoids e. i. Position: superior margin of signet portion of cricoid c. e. iii. Muscular process (posterior lateral) muscular attachment or movement e. v. 1. e. v. 2. e. v. 3. Rock vocal process tilts up/down: epiglottis f. i. Attached to thyroid c. ; superior to thyroid notch f. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers