Math 1400 Exam ReviewTuesday, Nov. 15:30-8:00 p.Ellis Auditorium
Bring this sheet to the review session.
Doug Clark The Learning Center 100 Student Success Center
[email protected] learningcendu-2493souri.8
1. Solve for x.
a. e6 b. ln ln 3x 1 0
c.lnxxln 2 ln24
2. Use the properties of logarithms to write the expression as a sum, difference, or multiple of
3. Write the expression as the logarithm of a single quantity
2n ln x1 3l x ln x 1
4. Find dy/dx for the following.
a. fx x b. fnl
5. Find the equation of the tangent line of the following at the given point.
x2l at (0.5,0)
6. Find all extrema and points of inflection for the following.
fx xln x
7. Determine the amount P that needs to be initially invested at 10% compounded continuously if
one wants to achieve a balance of $100,000 after 15 years.
8. In 1970, the population of the United States was 203,300,000, and in 1980 it was 226,500,000.
Assuming the population increases at a constant ra