Tuesday, March 11, 2014
• Consumer acceptability involves consumer preferences while quality describes
properties of food that can be measured by food scientists.
The term that describes how close an estimate is each time it's measured is …
• Flavor is a basic sensory quality that combines which of the following?
o smell and taste
• The chemical feeling factor that is related to consuming capsaicin is known as …
• The purpose of HACCP is to eliminate the production of unsafe foods for
consumers. The principle of HACCP that deals with actions after a deviation in a
critical limit is detected is …
establish corrective actions
• Which of the following is an example of a major obstacle to food quality and
safety for food manufacturers that may be overcome by sanitation?
o product contamination
• Which of the following is not true about a line extension?
o it is certain to be a success because it is a line extension